Its the July 4th and time to celebrate!
Here are our 7 top tips to enjoy a happy and safe July 4th with your pets!
- Keep your pets safely indoors to avoid them trying to escape.
- Make sure your pet can be properly identified. Consider microchipping your pet so that if they manage to escape or get lost, they are easily identifiable.
- Don't be tempted to feed your pet any human food! Our festive foods are potentially hazardous to our pets.
- Keep any alcoholic drinks away from pets, alcohol is dangerously intoxicating to animals.
- Going to a firework display? Leave your pets at home in a familiar, quiet surrounding.
- NEVER use fireworks around pets! Lit fireworks could result in severe burns and/or trauma to the face and paws of animals. Even unused fireworks can be hazardous. Some fireworks contain potentially toxic substances such as arsenic, potassium nitrate, and other heavy metals.
- The safest and best bet for this July 4th is to find a safe, secure and quiet space for your pets at home, so you can go out and enjoy celebrating!