Pre-Travel Examinations

October 14, 2014
hello world!

If you plan on traveling with your pet, whether it be state to state or to another country, you are required to have a health certificate completed by a USDA certified veterinarian to ensure you pet’s health. This requires a veterinarian to examine your pet and fill out the appropriate paperwork.

All of our veterinarians are USDA certified to provide health certificates for both your cats and dogs for domestic and international travel.

Health Certificates


Ensure you are aware of the timeline your airline requires for completion of a health certificate prior to travel. Generally health certificates are required to be completed within 10 days of domestic airline travel.


Be aware of any timelines needed to complete you pre-travel health checks. All countries have different requirements, some being much more stringent than others. It may be required that the process begin at least 6 months prior to travel. It is often recommended to use a pet transport company to help in the process.


One of our veterinarians is also certified to provide health certificates for farm and exotic animals. Please call to discuss prior, so arrangements can be made to ensure we have all the necessary forms, as these often vary from those for cats and dogs.