You can never be TOO prepared for an emergency of any kind. Whether it's an earthquake, rainstorm, fire... unfortunately, we see them all here in the Bay Area.
We usually have an emergency kit put together for our human family but sometimes our furry family members get overlooked. Lately, there have been many national disasters occurring, all around the world. Having an emergency kit can save time and possible lives.
Stock up on items your pet may need during a disaster.
Here is a list of some things to keep on hand - just in case...
- Pet first aid kit - Click here for our checklist
- Water - 1 gal per pet per day of water
- Extra collar
- Extra sturdy leash and harness
- Medical records - stored in a waterproof container
- Two-week supply of medications
- Your veterinarian's contact details
- Crate or sturdy carrier to transport pets safely
- Recent photos of your pets
- Toys and the pet’s bed, if you can easily bring it, to reduce stress and keep them comfortable
- Disposable litter trays
- Litter or paper toweling
- Disposable bags for clean-up.
Here are a few websites that can also help you:
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns about being prepared in the event of an emergency.